The K.A.T.I.E. Award
The K.A.T.I.E. Award is reserved for a special person who demonstrates kindness and thoughtfulness in everything. A KATIE Award honoree creates a positive presence among teams and groups. The honoree:
- Appreciates the privilege of participation
- Sees the greater good in shared experiences
- Goes out of their way to do the right thing
- Leads by example
- Brings comfort in the wake of disappointment
- Builds and honors others
- Cherishes the little things
- Causes everyone to be better for the experience
- Exudes peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control
An honoree stands out, not for their accomplishment or achievement, but because they remind us we are all teammates in the game of life. They were likely “caught” demonstrating extraordinary kindness and thoughtfulness on many occasions. To them, however, it was a natural response given the circumstances. The KATIE award winner possesses an intangible quality, and exhibits all these characteristics with confidence and ease.
Long after the season or school year is over, the KATIE Award honoree is likely continuing to make the world a better place, one kind and thoughtful gesture after another.
May the K.A.T.I.E. Award celebrate those who serve as positive examples, and kindle that same spirit in everyone.